Portugal Golden Visa
Portugual Residency + Free Movement in Schengen Zone
Non EU investors can achieve Residency status in Portugal, when investing a minimum of €500,000 in 1 or more properties within Portugal.
The holders of the residence permit for investors will have the right to family regrouping (spouse and children under 18) and may gain access to a permanent residence permit, as well as to Portuguese citizenship in accordance with the current legal provisions.
Investors must hold the property for a minimum period of 5 years, if they want to achieve Portugal Citizenship. Investors may rent the property out for tourist exploration or commercial use if they wish.
Visa Free Travel in EU
The Schengen Space is formed by 26 European Countries that eliminated the Passport and Immigration controls in the common borders. With a residence permit issued for Portugal, the Investor has the right to enter and circulate freely in all the Countries of the Schengen Space.
How long does the visa last?
The Golden residency permit last s for 5 years, but it is necessary to renew the visa during this period.
The first renewal is done after 1 year, which extends your visa by 2 years.
The second renewal is done after year 3, extending your visa by another 2 years.
Minimum Stay in Portugal
The Investor must remain in Portugal for a minimum of 7 DAYS for the first year. In the following 2 years, the investor must remain in Portugal for a minimum of 14 days.
Portugal Residency Requirements
- Evidence of Real Estate Purchase with Land Registry Office
- Applicants must spend at least 7 days in Portugal in year 1, and 14 days in each of the following 2 years.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a crime punishable with Prison
- Applicants must not be the subject of an entry ban into national territory following a removal order from the country
- Applicants must not be the subject of alerts in the Schengen Information System
To receive the full information pack, plus a list of our latest Portugal properties for sale, then please get in contact today.